- I started my first semester at San Diego State University.
- Registered for 15 units.
- Added a class, making it 18 units.
- Moved out of my parents' house, to North Park, with Ty and Andrew.
- Not much happened this month, (I'm sure it was because I was buried with school), so here is a picture of our carved pumpkin.
- I completed my first semester at SDSU with a 3.5 GPA
- We got a Keurig for Christmas!
- Asked my bridesmaids to be in the wedding.
- Crystal took Andrew and my Save the Date pictures.
- Andrew finally took a picture with Mortimer Mouse.
- I completed my second semester at SDSU with a 3.75 gpa
- Made the Dean's List at SDSU
- Andrew and I moved two doors down, into our own apartment.
- Started my third and final semester at SDSU (summer session, two six week sessions)
- Accidentally registered for three courses for the first six weeks.
- Jude (and I) made a sheep.
- Jude painted.
- Built a play structure at my parents' house.
- Completed summer session I with a 3.33 GPA
- Began summer session II.
- PAID OFF MY CAR!!!
So many things have happened over the past year and I cannot believe all of the good that has occurred. I am truly blessed to have my family, Andrew, and my friends supporting me. They have helped me get through school, tolerate work, celebrate occasions, and entertain me. Such a wonderful/difficult/exciting/neverreallywanttodothatagain kind of year.
Now, you may ask...what's next? Well, I will tell you. I will finish my last course in the middle of August. I plan to enjoy having free time. I plan to be creative, clean, organize, laugh, drink, eat, exercise, shop, travel, listen, watch, and love. Andrew and I have a lot of planning for the wedding to do as well. I want to completely enjoy my engagement and my wedding. After that, I want to enjoy being married and go to Europe for our honeymoon. I just want to enjoy being young, being married, and enjoy not being a student!
This is me back when I was 17 and bought my first car. It was quite difficult making those $300 payments every month for six years on a minimum wage income, but I made it through.
Today is the day I have paid off my car in full and it belongs to meeee! I am so excited. This is truly a great feeling and I just keep thinking that the good feeling train is still headed my way.
Today is also the day I finish my Summer School Session I. This was a really difficult school year for me overall. Taking 18 units (six courses) in both the fall and the spring, and then piling on the courses in the summer so I could finish. I took three courses in six weeks. I do not recommend this. I was miserable for six weeks and certainly had no social life. But today, I will take my final exam at 10 am and then I will be done with this awful schedule. Next session (which begins on Wednesday), I will only be taking one course. This one course will be completely online and IT WILL BE MY LAST UNDERGRAD COURSE EVER! Hooray! I will be completing my degree in six weeks. Whew. Good year for me. Let's review the wonderfulness that is this year:
• Engaged to the most wonderful man.
• Making the Dean's List in the Spring of 2011 (Even though I was taking waaaay too many classes)
• Earning my bachelors degree in sociology
• Paid off my car
• Got a raise at work (working for a school, you don't expect that)
• Andrew got a raise
• Made top ten scores on Astro Blasters at Disneyland.
So much wonderfulness!
- ▼ 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (12)
- ► 2009 (34)