6.23.2010

More to come, but just for now.

I tend to ignore my blog on a regular basis and I really wish I wouldn't. It can be a wonderful release and a way to share some things I have been interested in.

Recently, I have been picking up my knitting. I really needed something to do and be creative with. I have felt very dull and plain lately and my life has been excitementless for quite awhile now. (work has been my only routine lately. blegh.) Anyways, I finally started the sweater I bought materials for back in December. This is the sweater I'm working on.



I am very excited about it! This will be my third knit sweater and I plan on really investing a lot into it. I want it to fit really well and I really want to understand it so I can design my own patterns in the future. I hope to have it done before it gets cold. Seeing as how the first day of summer was just the other day, I think I will have plenty of time.

I recently went through my closet and got rid of (sold or donated) half of my clothes. Clothes have always been so frustrating to me. I know what I want, but I can never find it in the stores or in my price range. I found some look books online that can inspire what I'm looking for while shopping, but ultimately I hope to work on my sewing skills so I can start making my own clothes. I bought some patterns at Joann's and plan on completing at least a skirt before my summer break from work is over.

And yes, I said summer break! Since I work at a school, I get time off. Since I work at a lame school where the kids are complete slackers, we only get a week and a half off. Although I would love more time off, I would not love my non existent paycheck because of the time off. To get to the point, I will be off from work the 30th through the 12th. I really wanted to go up to Seattle sometime during that week, but plane tickets are just too expensive. If anyone has a suggestion of where I could go for a few days (driving), I would really appreciate it. I need a change of pace from the normal routine, I think.

I plan on writing once a week and I will post some pictures of my sweater progress soon. So, don't click off...there will be more to come.

All the best, to you and yours.

No comments: