4.20.2009

Deutschland war schön. Coachella was life changing.



Visiting Sylvia and her family in Hamburg was such a lovely trip. We began our journey on Thursday March ninth, at nine a.m., in San Diego. Lay over in Boston. Lay over in London. In Hamburg by five p.m. on Friday the tenth. (sixteen hours of flying plus time change...why hello jet lag). We spent the first day (Saturday the eleventh) touring the city. Covered the majority of it by the end of the afternoon. On sunday, we went to the zoo!




You could hand feed the animals and some of the animals weren't even caged. It was fantasic. We then visited with Sylvia's family. Her mother is originally from India, so she prepared indian food for dinner. YUM! We talked about what each of us had been up to, along with sharing stories, and even talking politics. Also a lovely experience. Her and I were talking on the way back to our hotel and she was saying how comfortable things were and it had been seven years since we had last spoke. I am hoping she can come to the states soon to visit us again. And so, on monday we head to the airport at five a.m. to do our flights again. Hamburg > London > Boston > San Diego. Home by eight p.m. Work the next morning at 4:30 a.m. Hooray jet lag! =/

I was home Tuesday and Wednesday, then off to Indio on Thursday for...

COACHELLA!



I was very anxious about the trip and the company that I would be in. I had a panic attack the night before. Tina and Scotty were my support and I love them so for putting up with my over reaction of concern. The camping turned out to be wonderful. Anthony just ignored me (which was preferable anyways), Nick was polite and said hello, asked how I was doing and introduced his lovely girlfriend, and it took Andrew and I awhile to speak to each other and when we finally did it was very very much small talk (it was pleasant and awkward to talk to him again), and Ian wasn't an issue or weird. Coachella was amazing, as promised. The experience was life-outlook changing. I got to see most of the bands that I intended on seeing and I was exposed to a bunch of new music that I am eager to get into further.



Sir Paul McCartney was a musical experience that I will never forget. I got to see a Beatle! He was worth the money alone. The video I took of him singing hey jude isn't uploading, but hopefully I can figure it out soon.

As for Coachella miracles: I did not get even a hint of a sunburn and I didn't even come close to passing out! Not only am I thankful, I am getting much better at listening to my body and taking care of myself.

Only negative thing in the past two weeks: my side pain has returned and this time it refuses to leave even when I sit down. Time for a CT scan.


Happy happy me. Relaxed me. Going to try my best to keep this feeling.

2 comments:

Natalie Ormond said...

Its is so cool that you saw Sir Paul McCartney! I want to see a Beatle one day.

Erin said...

I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't have a Facebook page :) Things are good here - it was 80 degrees yesterday?!?!? My skin didn't remember what sun felt like. Glad to see you had fun in Germany and at Coachella!!!